Friday, June 27, 2014

Last Minute update

We are finally at Washington DC's airport. After a 9 hour car ride of relative boredom we arrived and I think we are all getting hyped up for the trip.

We will be joining up with 18 others from around the US to tour Turkey. My immediate group is made up of four teachers and one administrator from NW Ohio. So far we mesh together very well. Lots of teacher talk and the like but they all seem like nice people that really care about teaching, their students, and social studies. Also, we all have an interest in world travel. This might be the most experienced group of travelers that I have ever been with. They all have tons of tips and ideas that have already helped out.

My plan was to try and sleep as soon as we got in the car this morning but unfortunately I just wasn't tired (stupid coffee!). I napped for a short while around 2pm for about 20 minutes but nothing substantial. Hopefully, I will sleep for a short time on the start of the flight. Considering it's 9:15 pm now and our flight takes off at 11:30, I'll have plenty of time before we leave to get all my turkeys in a row. We get in at 4:30 pm and the plan is to stay up until 11pm in Turkey. This puts me at staying awake 34 hours with only a few naps in between. It's worth it if I can regulate to Istanbul's time right away.

Couple hours to the flight!!! Here I come Turkey!!!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your trip. So much to learn and experience!!

    ReplyDelete